SDDF : Application for Grants & Gifts
The mission of the South Dakota Dental Foundation is to improve the oral health of all South Dakotans by educating dental professionals; by educating the public; by aiding in developing the future dental workforce; and, by serving individuals with dental needs. The South Dakota Dental Foundation is a nonprofit public foundation (501(c) (3) organization) formed by interested members of the South Dakota Dental Association to benefit the general public.
Purpose of the Fund
The fund was created in order for the Foundation to provide financial support to the people, organizations and causes that advance the dental profession in South Dakota. Contributions are awarded for:
- dental health projects for the underserved
- dental and auxiliary student activities and scholarships
- dental education programs for the dental professional and the public
- continuing education and promotion of professional ethics
- recruitment of dentists and dental students to South Dakota
Contribution Guidelines, Requirements and Restrictions
- Contributions are made at the discretion of the Foundation Board of Directors.
- The Board considers requests for contributions semi-annually in May and November.
- The chairman and executive director, together have the authority to make contributions that do not exceed $1,000.
- The Board will evaluate each request on its own merits.
- The Board will closely scrutinize all proposals for discriminatory practices. Funding will be based on the needs of the individuals being served by the grant.
- The Board will give primary consideration to projects, programs and activities that support the mission of the Foundation.
- Commitments for funding will not be made beyond a single year.
- Funds will not be granted for political purposes.
- Funds will not be granted for goods already purchased, activities taking place before grant decisions are made, or deficit funding.
- Funds are not made for supporting conferences and special events (i.e. fundraising dinners).
- Funds are not made for supporting capital campaigns.
- Funds are not made for supporting organization budget shortfalls.
Applications are due April 15 and October 15. Awardees will be notified within 60 days of the application deadline.