SDDF : Contribute
The Benefits of a Charitable Bequest:
A charitable bequest is an easy way for you to help us in our work and benefit. Here are some of the benefits of bequest giving:
- It costs you nothing today to make a bequest.
- A bequest is free of federal estate tax.
- Your bequest can be changed down the road.
- You can still benefit your heirs with specific gifts.
- A bequest may produce estate tax savings.
- You can leave a legacy through a bequest.
Don't Let Taxes Turn Your Gain to Loss:
For years, you have carefully invested and watched your savings grow. What took a lifetime to build can be instantly lost through capital gains tax when you sell. Rather than sell your stock, consider giving some of it to the SD Dental Foundation. You won't pay any taxes and you receive an income tax deduction for your gift. Here are the benefits to you:
- Avoid capital gains taxes up to 23.8%.
- Receive an income tax deduction for the full amount of your gift.
- Make a meaningful gift with no cash out-of-pocket.
Year-end Tax Savings Checklist:
Here are some money-saving steps to lower your taxes:
- Give charitable gifts before the year-end to reduce your income taxes.
- Use all the money in your Flexible Spending Account before it's lost.
- Pay your January mortgage payment early and add to your mortgage deduction this year.
- Ask your accountant what taxes may be paid in 2014 to reduce your tax bill.
- Adjust income tax withholding on your employer's W-2 Form, if needed.
- Contact your tax advisor for more ideas on how to save money on taxes this year.
If you would like to make a donation to the SD Dental Foundation please send a check to:
South Dakota Dental Foundation
804 N Euclid Ave, Ste 103
Pierre, SD 57501
If you would like to provide a legacy of support to the SD Dental Foundation click here
to fill out and mail in the form.