Endowment for Dental Student Scholarships
Would you like to help a future dental student with a scholarship? Would you like to have a scholarship named for you or someone you know? Now may be the best time ever to create a scholarship for a South Dakota student.
The South Dakota Dental Foundation has established a fund through which dentists and others can create the lasting legacy of a dental student scholarship. Contributions to the fund will be matched by the Delta Dental Foundation – dollar for dollar – up to $100,000 per year for five years. Contributions of any amount will be accepted. Donations of real property and stocks are also welcomed. Contributions of $100,000 ($50,000 with Delta’s match) can create a scholarship with specific applicant criteria and can also be named for the donor or their designee.
Make a Charitable Bequest
A charitable bequest is an easy way for you to help us in our work and benefit. Here are some of the benefits of bequest giving:
- It costs you nothing today to make a bequest.
- A bequest is free of federal estate tax.
- Your bequest can be changed down the road.
- You can still benefit your heirs with specific gifts.
- A bequest may produce estate tax savings.
- You can leave a legacy through a bequest.
Don't Let Taxes Turn Your Gain to Loss:
For years, you have carefully invested and watched your savings grow. What took a lifetime to build can be instantly lost through capital gains tax when you sell. Rather than sell your stock, consider giving some of it to the SD Dental Foundation. You won't pay any taxes and you receive an income tax deduction for your gift. Here are the benefits to you:
- Avoid capital gains taxes.
- Receive an income tax deduction for the full amount of your gift.
- Make a meaningful gift with no cash out-of-pocket.
Year-end Tax Savings Checklist:
Here are some money-saving steps to lower your taxes:
- Give charitable gifts before the year-end to reduce your income taxes.
- Use all the money in your Flexible Spending Account before it's lost.
- Pay your January mortgage payment early and add to your mortgage deduction this year.
- Ask your accountant what may to reduce your tax bill.
- Adjust income tax withholding on your employer's W-2 Form, if needed.
- Contact your tax advisor for more ideas on how to save money on taxes this year.
If you would like to provide a legacy of support to the SD Dental Foundation Click Here to fill out and mail in the form.
If you would like to make a donation to the SD Dental Foundation please send a check to:
South Dakota Dental Foundation
PO Box 7018
Pierre, SD 57501